Saturday 6 October 2012

Autumn Haul!

I've always been so lime green jello of bloggers who post their hauls on a regular basis, so having started a new job recently Mum lent me a little bit of cash (Total lifesaver, my Mum! It was so kind and generous of her to do that for me :) THANK YOU MUMMY!), and I decided to brave the chilly air and show you all the spoils of my battle!

We went to a beautiful little picturesque village near where we live and were pleased to find sales present in all our favourite shops! First up was The Body Shop.

The Body Shop was having a fantastic 30% off sale for loyalty card owners! 30 friggin' ass percent!

So I picked up these little bits! On the left is a Watermelon body lotion, I think this retails at £4.00, so mine was a steal at £1.60! (I'm not quite sure how that worked out... Is that even right? Did I get another 10% on top with the loyalty card?... Did I rob the Body Shop? :/) In the middle is the Vanilla perfume, which is normally around £12 I think, both me and Mum got one at £3.25 each! Finally is one of my staple beauty products, the Tea Tree Clarifying toner. I just LOVE this product. My skin is really quite changeable  affected by central heating, air conditioning, weather... and manages to run through the entire spectrum of skin types in a day sometimes! I'm one of those irritating people that when asked their skin type looks sheepish and whispers "I don't know". This is the only toner I have ever found that manages to keep up with my skin. This is the big bottle too! And for £3! (By the way, yes that is a deer with sparkly purple antlers in the background. Jealoussss?)

Next up was Paperchase. Everyone who knows me, knows that I have a weird obsession with stationery. My favourite time of year is Autumn, and not least for all the cool new bits and bobs that come out for the back to school rush! My favourite place to buy pens, paper and... paperclips (?) is by far and away Paperchase. I know they are a little on the expensive side for what the products are (I remember seeing post it notes in there once for £4... really Paperchase? Really?) But nowhere else comes close to them in terms of cards, notebooks etc. They were having a little clearout of some of the summery ranges and included in this was some birthday cards. I'm VERY VERY VERY bad at 1) remembering birthdays and 2)Remembering to give people the cards that are sitting in my handbag when I see them, so picking up some reduced cards for just such situations seemed very sensible!

As you can see, these ranged between £1.25 and £2.00 for the bigger one! STEAL I SAY! STEEEAL!!!

Also, I wanted to give a little bit of love to Wilkinsons.... Stay with me.
I *HATE* Wilkinsons. I hate it with the same level of poisonous bile in my throat that I usually reserve for people that jump queues, people that drive too close to the back of my car and finding a hair in your dinner, but today, while shuffling along behind my Mum like a stroppy teenager in there, I found the following:

Every Christmas... Well... Every September/October time, both me and Mummy candyfloss buy ourselves a little notebook each. In each of these notebooks is Christmas. Christmas down to the last detail. That may seem over the top or a little strange to some of you, but both me and the Mothership are scarily organised people, and really enjoy the actual act of organising. Don't buy us diamonds, buy us file dividers... really. These books are then kept in a secret place (i.e handbags... No man should ever look in a ladies handbag, and if he does without permission should be forced to eat the tampons that he thought were sweets), and have things like present ideas, food ideas etc written in them! So that book up tharrrr, with the keys on, is this years Xmas book. I also picked up this gorgeous wrapping paper and tag set. IT HAS DEERS ON ANY ARGUMENT AGAINST IT IS THEREFORE INVALID.

So yes. That was my haul. I did do other things there, such as gag at the awful smell of Lady Gaga's perfume (Smells like a baby prostitute), and swoon over the smell of Miss Dior (I resisted the urge to spray it straight up my nostrils to rid them of the stench of Lady Gaga's effort). Not quite as impressive as some blogger's hauls, but very practical none the less! I also bought a red top from new look with white lace on the collar and a possible dress for my upcoming engagement party! But pics of those will come later :)

For now, see ya later sweet potatas!

No comments:

Post a Comment